Sichuan Egg Fried Rice Parantha
Rice, cooked 2 cups
Whole wheat flour (atta) 2 cups
Oil 4 tablespoons + to fry
Onion, chopped 1 medium
Ginger, chopped 1 inch piece
Garlic, chopped 5-6 cloves
French beans, finely chopped 5-6
Salt to taste
Carrot, grated 1 medium
Tomato ketchup 2 tablespoons
Red chilli paste 1 tablespoon
Spring onion greens, finely chopped 2 stalks
1. Heat two tablespoons oil in a non-stick wok, add onion, ginger, garlic and sauté for one minute.
2. Add the French beans and continue to sauté for a minute. Add salt and mix well.
3. Add the egg and cook stirring so that the egg gets scrambled. Add the carrot, tomato ketchup and red chilli paste. Mix well.
4. Take the cooked rice in a deep bowl. Add the egg mixture and mix well. Add the spring onion greens and mix well. Set aside to cool. Divide into eight equal portions.
5. Mix together the whole wheat flour and salt and rub in two tablespoons of oil. Add enough water and knead into a medium soft dough. Keep covered with a damp cloth for fifteen to twenty minutes.
6. Divide the dough into eight equal portions and roll into balls.
7. Roll out each ball into a thick puri. Stuff each puri with the rice mixture and shape into a ball again. Roll out each ball into a seven-inch diameter parantha.
8. Heat a non stick tawa. Place the parantha over it and cook for half a minute. Flip and drizzle some oil around it. Turn over again and drizzle a little more oil around it. Cook, turning sides a few times, till both sides are well cooked and golden.
9. Serve hot.